Zaid is an associate in the insolvency team.
He acts for a variety of stakeholders in relation to both contentious and non-contentious corporate and personal insolvency matters.
He advises insolvency practitioners, company directors, and creditors on issues arising prior to, during, and after an insolvency process. He also advises debtors and third parties affected by an insolvency process including individuals facing a bankruptcy petition and those served with statutory demands.
Zaid has experience of dealing with freezing orders, in seeking to preserve and protect assets from being dissipated.
Zaid has also dealt with numerous cases under Section 216 of the Insolvency Act 1986, involving the re-use of company names, including applications to Court.
He is an effective negotiator, having negotiated various settlements for individuals facing claims from insolvency practitioners and companies threatening proceedings.
- acting for the joint liquidators in a claim against a former director for the recovery of assets misappropriated from the company
- advising the joint administrators of a national cosmetic practice on security issues arising out of the company's insolvency and a contested application to lift the statutory moratorium
- Acting for the joint administrators in various claims arising out of the misappropriation of company assets
- Advising a joint liquidator on the categorisation of company assets subject to a Quistclose trust
- acting for various individuals facing claims under s.238 of the Insolvency Act 1986, resulting in negotiated settlements
- advising various directors on their duties prior to entering into an insolvency process
- advising landlords on their rights arising out of tenant insolvency including advising on issues arising out of Company Voluntary Arrangements
- acting for various Trustees in Bankruptcy in claims involving the recovery of assets and seeking orders for the possession and sale of property
- acting for the supervisors of an IVA in relation to bankruptcy proceedings against an individual
- advising both creditors and debtors on their rights within the bankruptcy process