We advise on a wide range of intellectual property issues and provide specialist expertise in trade marks, copyright, design rights and other intellectual property matters.
Whatever the nature of your business we can help protect and enforce your intellectual property rights. We act for major media content providers, creative professionals, start-ups and businesses of all sizes to ensure they properly protect their intellectual property and can enforce their rights.
You may want to apply for a trade mark or licence to your copyright. You could be looking to register an innovative design or safeguard your know-how and trade secrets.
Whatever your concerns we can offer clear and concise advice that addresses the issues and recognises the commercial context within which you are operating.
We advise on:
- trade mark applications, registration, enforcement and licensing including UK and EU trade marks
- trade mark portfolios
- design rights
- managing your brand
- establishing, exploiting and enforcing copyright
- domain name registrations, disputes, sales and licensing
- protecting confidential information, know-how and trade secrets
- buying, selling and transferring intellectual property assets
- data protection obligations and privacy policies
- breaches of intellectual property and bringing and defending intellectual property claims
Examples of our work include:
- consumer - We act for numerous consumer businesses, including the UK’s largest independent organic food brand owner whose trade mark portfolio we manage and defend
- software and IT - Software suppliers are often exposed to unique risks around trade secrets and copyright, especially suppliers in certain sectors such as financial services. We act for a number of businesses in this sector.
- international - We advise international businesses seeking to protect, register or enforce their rights in Europe including applying for trade marks for a large incoming Asian soft drinks manufacturer.