We advise employers (ranging from London based, to national and multi-national employers) on best practice in carrying out disciplinary and grievance procedures, including the steps which need to be taken when terminating someone's employment. We can:
- help you to avoid an unfair or constructive dismissal claim
- ensure that the steps you take and the correspondence you send put you in the best light
- guide you in any negotiations and help you to ensure that any attempt to negotiate does not count against you
- prepare the settlement agreements you will need if you reach an agreement
Whatever your query, our team will do more than warn you about worst-case scenarios and list your obligations as an employer. We aim to provide the best practical advice for your situation, pointing you towards the most sensible, risk-managed approach.
Employers who consult us when a problem first arises nearly always manage to avoid tribunal proceedings. For additional reassurance, however, Employment Risk Solutions allows you, for an annual premium, to insure your business against the risk of employment tribunal claims.
We are one of a relatively small number of employment law teams that is highly recommended in Legal 500 (the independent legal research directory), which notes that:
- we “frequently handle ‘high-value senior executive employment cases’” (2015)
- we are "extremely thorough and client-focused" (2014)
- we "have a strong practice representing both senior executives and employers" (2014)
- our employment team "provides 'exemplary' service'" (2013)
- we are "'more alive to the issues' than some competitors and a regular opponent of heavyweight firms'" (2012)
We are a six-strong team of specialist employment lawyers.
Cases we have dealt with recently include cases involving allegations that the employer had prejudged the outcome of a procedure, cases involving criminal conduct by the employee, and cases involving employees on long term sick leave.
Clients include companies and other businesses, barristers chambers, sports clubs, charities, schools, trade and regulatory bodies and government bodies.
We tailor our service to the specific needs of each client, providing one-off advice or ongoing assistance as required.