We advise employers (ranging from London based, to national and multi-national employers) when they are faced with claims for:
- wrongful dismissal
- unfair dismissal (including constructive dismissal)
Experience has shown us that employers will be far better off if they seek expert legal advice as soon as they receive a claim form. This will allow you to properly assess the claim and file a defence in good time, avoiding any oversights or inconsistencies that may ultimately count against you.
Employers should consider the benefits of insuring against the risk of such claims in the future, if they do not already have such insurance. Our Employment Risk Solutions product allows you to do so for an annual premium.
We are one of a relatively small number of employment law teams that is highly recommended in Legal 500 (the independent legal research directory), which notes that:
- we “frequently handle ‘high-value senior executive employment cases’” (2015)
- we are "extremely thorough and client-focused" (2014)
- we "have a strong practice representing both senior executives and employers" (2014)
- our employment team "provides 'exemplary' service" (2013)
- we are "'more alive to the issues' than some competitors and a regular opponent of heavyweight firms" (2012)
- We are a six-strong team of specialist employment lawyers with experience over the whole field of employment law.
- We have successfully defended or obtained excellent settlements in the very large majority of claims brought against our employer clients. These clients have included business of all sizes, barristers chambers, sports clubs, institutional clients, schools and government funded organisations.
- We look to assess the strength of a claim as soon as possible and if you have a strong defence we will make sure you take advantage of this. We understand that, sometimes, defending a claim will be a matter of principle. Equally, we recognise that employers appreciate commercial judgment and can benefit from a speedy resolution to disputes.
- We are always realistic and if there are weaknesses in your position we will identify them at an early stage. This will allow you to deal with a claim in the most effective way and take an informed view on any negotiations or settlement.