Russell-Cooke's technology and growth team advises businesses in the tech, e-commerce, software, SaaS and IT sectors on commercial contracts, terms of business, intellectual property, data protection (GDPR) and corporate affairs.
We have advised web-based businesses across a wide range of fields including retail, gaming, online publications, dating, social networking, business services and rental accommodation.
We offer a one-stop-shop for tech businesses and advise on brand protection and intellectual property (trade marks, domain names and copyright), commercial issues (page ranking and search engine optimisation), regulations (consumer protection), data protection and contract law.
We draft and prepare software licences, SaaS subscription agreements, terms of business, reseller agreements, master services agreements (MSAs) and other contracts for numerous software and IT businesses.
We also assist organisations with IT and outsourcing requirements.
Members of the team frequently comment in the press on issues relating to the tech sector.
Examples of our work include:
- advising on the development of terms and legal models in the UK for 'sharing economy' businesses including onefinestay, JustPark and BlaBlaCar
- developing software licences and SaaS subscription agreements for software businesses in the financial services sector
- advising ad-tech businesses on corporate and commercial affairs
- providing training to start-up entrepreneurs on data protection, consumer regulation, commercial contracts and corporate affairs
- providing webinar training for in-house counsel on developments in technology law