Setting up a charity can be a daunting process. Our solicitors can guide you through your charity's life cycle, from formation through to major events such as mergers. Our team regularly liaises with the Charity Commission, so we can also provide advice on complying with their guidance and requirements.
We advise on:
- choosing the appropriate legal structure
- advising on all aspects of the Charity Commission application process
- trustee training and company secretary support
- drafting governing documents to comply with charity law
- advising on the legal duties and potential liabilities of trustees and directors
- converting Industrial and Provident Societies to registered charities
- Charity Commission schemes and orders
- obtaining Charity Commission consent
- reporting serious incidents
Whatever issue you are facing we are likely to have dealt with it before. If you would like advice on an issue not listed above, do not hesitate to contact us to find out how we can help.
For more information, please contact:
James Sinclair Taylor - +44 (0)20 8394 6480 / James.Taylor@russell-cooke.co.uk
Andrew Studd - +44 (0)20 8394 6414 / Andrew.Studd@russell-cooke.co.uk