We act for owners, employers, developers, contractors, sub-contractors and construction professionals (including architects, engineers and surveyors) in relation to a wide variety of disputes involving both residential and commercial construction projects.
Some of our clients have a lot of experience of dealing with complex disputes relating to construction disputes. For others, their contact with us is their first experience of litigation or dispute resolution.
Our areas of expertise
We have extensive experience in dealing with construction disputes, which enables us to focus our advice directly on the area most relevant to you. Our experience also means that you can be confident that your case is dealt with by an appropriate specialist in the field and will be supervised by a partner with significant knowledge of the area.
Our specialist team is able to provide advice on resolving a broad range of construction disputes, whether by litigation, negotiation or some form of ADR [add link] including mediation. We advise on:
• Contract terms, including industry standard contracts such those produced by the Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT), the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and the Federation of Master Builders (FMB) and the Scheme for Construction Contracts
• The applicability of consumer protection legislation to construction projects
• Disputes about payment and pay less notices
• Disputes relating to final accounts, including delay, extensions of time, variations and scope of works
• Disputes relating to defective and remedial works
• Contractor insolvency
• The termination of construction contracts
• Claims under construction warranties and guarantees
• Professional negligence claims against architects, engineers and surveyors
• Adjudication, arbitration and expert determination
We aim to help clients avoid disputes or resolve them at an early stage. We offer a service tailored to the size and complexity of each case and provide practical and commercial advice to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
We act for a number of employer and contractor clients involved on the basis of a general retainer so that we can advise on construction law issues as and when they arise.
We are prepared to consider alternative forms of funding in appropriate circumstances.
Our specialist team consists of members of the Society of Construction Law and the Technology and Construction Solicitors Association (TeSCA). Our lawyers are also experienced in other areas ensuring that you receive the breadth of support you require from lawyers who are able to see alternative approaches to resolving your problems.
We can also draw on the range of experience across the firm, so that we are able to consider and advise on issues relating to corporate commercial; insolvency, property and any regulatory matters that may arise in the course of your dispute and health and safety that may arise in the course of your dispute.
For further information please contact Francesca Kaye on +44 (0)20 8394 6477 or any other member of the team whose details are below.