We advise employees when they are being discriminated against or harassed on the basis of:
- religion or belief
- disability, sexual orientation
- trans-gender status
- marital status
We can help whistleblower employees who have been dismissed or treated unfavourably by their employer because they disclosed information about the employer's wrongdoing. Employees can also seek advice from us where they are being victimised because they have complained of discrimination or acted as whistleblower.
We deal with employees from a wide variety of backgrounds and sectors of the economy. Many of the claims we handle are funded by legal expense insurance and we can often assist in dealing with insurers.
We are one of a relatively small number of employment law teams that is highly recommended in The Legal 500 (the independent legal research directory), which notes that we are a team of "tenacious and committed litigators, which delivers appropriate and measured advice that gives clients confidence in its ability".
- We are a six-strong team of specialist employment lawyers.
- We have a strong track record and have handled high-profile cases, including the associative discrimination case Coleman v Attridge Law, a whistleblowing claim against the television production company Vera Productions and a claim involving allegations of sexual misconduct against one of England's richest men
- Acting for trade or qualifying bodies, or bodies exercising public functions, we have successfully defended a number of very large discrimination claims in which the claimants were claiming for loss of career, obtaining some of the largest costs awards ever awarded in the Employment Tribunal
- Unlike many other employment teams, we also regularly act for employees in whistleblowing and discrimination claims - enabling us to offer a special insight into what the other side is likely to be thinking
Cases we have dealt with recently include:
- the reported cases of Fu v London Borough of Camden  186, IRLR EAT and Woodward v Abbey National plc  IRLR 677
- many claims brought on behalf of very senior individuals within the banking, financial services and insurance industries (a number of which have been seven figure claims)
- a number of complex disability discrimination claims for loss of career
- a claim in which our client received a settlement of more than 10 times her salary, after she was taken out of an equity participation scheme when she became pregnant
- a sex discrimination claim against a well-known surgeon
- Unlike many employment law specialists, we regularly act for both employers and employees. This gives us a better insight into what the other side is likely to be thinking
- We understand the importance of providing emotional support to clients who have been bullied or mistreated, particularly where their health has been affected