We advise employees who have been dismissed without being given proper notice, or where the employer's decision was not legally justified. Issues we can help with include:
- drafting a claim
- notice entitlements
- negotiating with employers
- dismissals for disciplinary reasons
- dismissals for performance issues
If you think you have been wrongfully or unfairly dismissed, we would encourage you to get in touch with us at the earliest opportunity. Taking advice before issuing proceedings will allow you to plead your case in the most effective way and reduce the risk of deficiencies and inconsistencies in your claim.
We represent employees from a wide variety of backgrounds, from senior executives and professionals to people in very ordinary jobs. Our clients come from all kinds of sectors, including banking and finance; education; sport; and the public services.
Many of the claims we handle are funded by legal expense insurance. We can tell you how to check whether you are covered and can help in dealing with insurers.
We understand that bringing a claim can be a difficult, stressful experience and we aim to provide you with the support you need throughout the process.
We are one of a relatively small number of employment law teams that is highly recommended in Legal 500 (the independent legal research directory), which notes that:
- we "frequently handle ‘high-value senior executive employment cases’” (2015)
- we are "extremely thorough and client-focused" (2014)
- we "have a strong practice representing both senior executives and employers" (2014)
- our employment team "provides 'exemplary' service'" (2013)
- we are "'more alive to the issues' than some competitors and a regular opponent of heavyweight firms'" (2012)
Our clients have included: