Our specialist children lawyers have a wealth of experience representing parents and children in care proceedings and in all circumstances where social services become involved in children's lives.
We understand how distressing social services involvement can be and our objective is to help you resolve matters positively wherever possible, and ensure families have the support they need to care for children.
We treat the safety and welfare of the child as our priority.
All of our children law specialists are members of the Law Society Children Panel meaning they are able to represent children in care proceedings, either directly or through their court appointed guardians. Our solicitors are experienced court advocates and are equally able to represent you in court or work with specialist barristers.
We have a long standing reputation in the field and have built excellent professional relationships with the courts, judges, solicitors, barristers, experts and social workers. Much of our work is referred to us by professionals in the field, particularly solicitors and barristers.
How we can help
Matters we can help with include:
- care proceedings, when social services apply for care or supervision orders. We act at short notice in urgent cases when social services apply to take children into care
- we have dealt with the full range of issues leading to care proceedings, including injuries to children, when a parent is killed, sexual abuse, alleged factitious and induced illness, when care proceedings involve children who are nationals of other countries, proceedings involving parents with capacity issues, and proceedings where parents or children are experiencing mental illness
- emergency protection orders
- contact with children in care
- applications for secure accommodation orders
- applications by family members such as grandparents to look after children in care proceedings, such as special guardianship orders. We can help family members obtain the necessary support so that children can be cared for in their families
- advising on child protection concerns outside care proceedings, including child protection conferences and when social services are investigating concerns about children. We understand how sensitive such investigations can be and can help negotiate with social services to resolve them as efficiently as possible
If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our family law solicitors on 020 3826 7550 or complete our enquiry form.