Our tax solicitors advise on the international tax issues that often arise when someone owns assets in more than one country, or has some other connection with a foreign jurisdiction. Our expertise in cross-border issues means that we can tackle almost any legal matter. Areas of law on which we offer specialist advice include:
- marriage and civil partnership - we advise on pre and post-nuptial contracts and the effects of matrimonial property regimes across international borders
- divorce and dissolution - we advise on the implementation of financial settlements across international borders
- wills and tax planning
- estates and estate administration - we advise on complex international estates and deal with their administration
- the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (‘ATED’) and non-resident capital gains tax
Please see here for a general note on UK residence, domicile and remittance basis issues.
- We offer sensible, practical and technically-reliable advice
- Our fees are highly competitive compared to those of other central London competitors with similar levels of expertise
- We have a strong reputation in the field. Many of our clients are referred to us from City law firms
- The breadth of the firm's expertise means we can offer integrated, joined-up advice to clients with complex problems
- Our team of specialist tax lawyers have outstanding expertise and a wealth of experience dealing with international issues. Certain team members are members of the Association of Tax Technicians.
- The team are recommended in Chambers UK 2011 which notes "They really understand the crucial nuances between the different jurisdictions". Richard Frimston is listed as a renowned expert in the field of international tax, with Chambers UK 2015 commenting, "He is a guru on cross-border issues and is always willing to share his background knowledge".