We provide a first class service on all aspects of residential and commercial development. We understand the importance of providing commercial, comprehensive advice at every stage - from initial consideration of a site to its acquisition, development and disposal. Our clients include major public companies, charities, independent and public sector developers, contractors and a wide range of clients in the construction field. The sites under development are very diverse, ranging from large mixed-use schemes on brown field sites to small residential developments.
We offer expert and detailed advice on areas such as:
- agreements relating to the acquisition of sites including conditional contracts, options, joint ventures and overage provisions
- site assembly
- planning and infrastructure agreements
- disposal following development (as well as advising on pre-let arrangements to end users we have a dedicated volume plot-selling capacity).
We are frequently mentioned in legal directories and peer reviews such as Chambers and Legal 500. The Legal 500 states the team exhibits "exceptional commercial awareness and excellent legal ability" (2019). The legal directory Chambers & Partners 2013 commends our team for its practical and commercial view "making a deal happen fast".
We can assist on all aspects of construction projects including the preparation or approval of all project documents including:
- building contracts and sub-contracts (industry standard or bespoke)
- consultants' appointments
- collateral warranties and third party rights
- performance bonds and parent company guarantees.
Construction dispute resolution
We advise on disputes involving construction projects, including:
- disputes relating to:
- the contract terms
- final accounts including delay and extensions of time claims
- defective work/remedial works.
- alternative dispute resolution
- professional negligence
Read more about our construction dispute resolution services.