We advise individuals and organisations on sports law regulatory matters. Our clients include sports governing bodies, clubs, professional sports men and women and amateur sporting organisations, institutions and individuals.
We advise on constitutional regulatory issues including the drafting and interpretation of regulation in relation to sports and governing bodies, including Disciplinary Tribunals and Appeals.
We participate in, and provide legal advice in relation to, Disciplinary and Regulatory Tribunals for professional and amateur sports.
Matters we have dealt with include:
- Federation Internationale D'Escrime (World Fencing Organisation) instructed as legal advisers to the Doping Committee of the World Fencing Organisation in relation to contested doping hearings.
- Honorary legal advisers to the British Fencing Association and Chair of the Disciplinary Committee
- Sitting as Tribunal members on British Fencing grievance procedures and as independent legal advisers to British Fencing Disciplinary Tribunals
- Chair of Barclays Premier League Commissions sitting as the Chair of Commissions or the Premier League as the Premier League representative on Appeal matters.
- Chair of the Greyhound Board of Great Britain Appeal Board, sitting on first instance appeals arising from the disciplinary process.
- Advising the British Water Ski Federation Limited on updating their Memorandum and Articles of Association in relation to their "Not for Profit" status; at the same time advising the organisation on the processes required to update their Disciplinary Procedures. We also advise in respect of various Disciplinary Appeals.
We act for organisations, regulators and individuals in all disciplinary/regulatory proceedings both on behalf of those bringing the action and also in the defence of the accused.