Victoria is an associate solicitor in the charity and social business team.
Victoria has particular experience in advising on governance matters for charities and social businesses as well as establishing new charities and trading subsidiaries, incorporations and restructuring charities.
Prior to joining Russell-Cooke in 2012, Victoria trained at a London city law firm with a charity specialism. Victoria has a strong educational sector background and experience of working in membership organisations.
- Drafting Articles of Associations for charitable companies and their trading subsidiaries, as well as for non-charitable companies limited by guarantee
- Charity registrations and liaising with the Charity Commission on applications
- Advising on data protection and freedom of information queries
- Assisting with a merger of two charities and the transfer of assets
- revising the Articles of Association for a charity and its three trading subsidiaries to streamline and co-ordinate their governance procedures
- Advising a charity on a collaborative venture with an overseas charity
- Advising on mergers and transfers between charitable organisations and drafting the related agreements
- Governor of Tidemill Community Academy, Deptford
- July 2012 awarded a certificate of recognition from the South West London Law Centre for her assistance on a pro-bono case
- Member of the Charity Law Association
- Prior to becoming a solicitor
- President of Queen Mary, University of London Students' Union and University of London Union where she led on and introduced a new governance structure.
- Elected on to a commercial committee of the National Union of Students