A well-drafted constitution and strong governance is fundamental to running a successful charity. Our charity solicitors keep clients up to date with the latest regulatory and legal developments and can advise you in relation to your constitutional structures or other governance-related issues.
We advise on:
- incorporations of unincorporated charities, both as companies and CIOs;
- drafting, amending and interpreting governing documents;
- implementing best practice governance;
- drafting governance policies including conflicts of interest policies;
- company secretarial activities including convening and conducting meetings;
- consortium and collaboration arrangements; and
- different organisations including Healthwatch bodies, federated charities and membership organisations.
Our team have joined forces with Locality to create a useful toolkit for community organisations. Download the free resource pack.
If there is an issue that you would like advice on, but it is not mentioned on the list, then please do not hesitate to contact us to find out how we can help you.
Our clients and work
Examples of our work include:
- advising the boards of Movember Europe, United World Colleges, MRCT, UNICEF UK and Eduserv on legal and regulatory developments;
- establishing a number of Healthwatch bodies including Richmond Health Voices; Your Voice in Health and Social Care; Healthwatch Ealing; Healthwatch Kingston; and Healthwatch Central West London; and
- undertaking a major governance review of International Youth Hostel Federation.
For more information, please contact:
James Sinclair Taylor - +44 (0)20 8394 6480 / James.Taylor@russell-cooke.co.uk
Andrew Studd - +44 (0)20 8394 6414 / Andrew.Studd@russell-cooke.co.uk