You might be able to get legal aid if you or your children have been victims of domestic abuse and you cannot afford to pay legal costs. We recommend you check the Government’s eligibility criteria here. You may be directed to contact Civil Legal Advice (CLA) who can offer free advice in the first instance and recommend suitable solicitors who offer legal aid services. Regrettably, we are not in a position to offer legal aid services in these circumstances but we can point you in the right direction if you get in touch or you can find suitable solicitors here.

Other charities and organisations where you can find additional free support are:

General support and information


Welfare benefits and housing advice


Support for children and young people

Support for perpetrators