How we can help
We assist clients with a range of intellectual property disputes, including copyright and trademark infringement, disputes relating to counterfeit goods, domain-name and company name disputes.
We work with entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and charitable clients as well as individual employees. We help clients enforce their intellectual property rights, resolve disputes relating to those rights and advise on the mitigation of litigation risks.
We act for clients in county and high court litigation, in addition to acting in matters being heard in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court. We also assist clients in exploring mediation, negotiation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Our areas of expertise
We assist clients with:
- copyright disputes
- trademark disputes
- counterfeit goods disputes
- regulatory matters arising from the infringement of intellectual property rights
- enforcing intellectual property rights generally
- domain-name disputes
- company name disputes
- private prosecutions arising from the infringement of intellectual property rights
Examples of our work include:
- trademarks – we act for clients in respect of UKIPO and EUIPO cancellation and invalidity proceedings. We prepare ‘cease and desist’ letters of claims for clients and assist with the preparation of responses. We also assist clients with the negotiation of co-existence agreements
- copyright – we act for clients enforcing their copyright in a range of products and materials, including live broadcasts, software, website designs, promotional materials and sporting events
- counterfeit goods – we advise clients on civil and criminal actions in response to counterfeit goods and assist with the development of a suitable enforcement strategy
- domain-names – we assist clients with the resolution of disputes relating to the registration and use of website domain-names. This includes assisting clients in navigating ICANN’s Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy
- company names – we act for clients in Company Names Tribunal proceedings
- litigation and ADR – we pursue formal litigation and obtain injunctive relief for clients if necessary, and assist clients with responding to any actions commenced against them. We also act for clients in respect of mediations, arbitrations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
We also have a flexible and innovative approach to litigation funding which enables us to offer our clients, in appropriate cases, a series of funding choices tailored to their particular requirements. For further information please read our commercial litigation funding information page.
Commercial litigation funding information
Secure funding solutions for dispute resolution in the UK—ensuring financial preparedness for favorable outcomes.
For more information please contact:
The latest news and insights from our dispute resolution team
Who owns the copyright after you pay an architect for drawings or plans?—The Times
Axiom Ince closed by SRA following months of turmoil—Legal Business
Russell-Cooke obtained a Remediation Order under the Building Safety Act 2022 for cladding and building safety defects