We provide a first class service on all aspects of residential and commercial development.
We understand the importance of providing commercial, comprehensive advice at every stage - from initial consideration of a site to its acquisition, development and disposal. Our clients include major public companies, charities, independent and public sector developers, contractors and a wide range of clients in the construction field. The sites under development are very diverse, ranging from large mixed-use schemes on brown field sites to small residential developments.
We offer expert and detailed advice on areas such as:
- agreements relating to the acquisition of sites including conditional contracts, options, joint ventures and overage provisions
- planning for businesses and infrastructure agreements
- disposal following development (as well as advising on pre-let arrangements to end users we have a dedicated volume plot-selling capacity).
We are frequently mentioned in legal directories and peer reviews such as Chambers and Legal 500. The Legal 500 (2023) praises the team's "excellent speed of response, knowledge and pragmatism". One commenter notes "this is a practice which builds genuine and sucessful relationships with clients and other professionals. Its culture is open and collaborative, to the great benefit of client outcomes."
We can assist on all aspects of construction projects including the preparation or approval of all project documents including:
- building contracts and sub-contracts (industry standard or bespoke)
- consultants' appointments
- collateral warranties and third party rights
- performance bonds and parent company guarantees
Construction dispute resolution
We advise on disputes involving construction projects, including:
- disputes relating to:
- the contract terms
- final accounts including delay and extensions of time claims
- defective work/remedial works.
- alternative dispute resolution
- professional negligence
Read more about our construction disputes resolution services.
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
We may also be able to offer fixed priced options for clients depending on their budget and the size, type and complexity of the work involved.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements free of charge and tailor a costs proposal accordingly.
Get in touch
The latest news and insights from our real estate planning and construction team
Overage and clawback on sales of land—considerations for sellers
Planning law update—November 2023
Real estate legal news—October 2023