Understanding employment law
Navigating complex issues with early intervention and proven resolutions
Employment issues are personal and often complex. The legal landscape is ever-changing and the stakes are high for both the business and the individual. Our London-based employment solicitors advise both employers and employees and understand both perspectives.
This practice stands out because it is brilliant in all key aspects: knowledge, practical advice, speed, transparency of billing, and excellent client service.
How our employment law solicitors can help you
Our employment solicitors are also known for our work advising employees, often at executive level, in relation to all employment law issues. Individual clients include those within the banking, financial services and insurance industries, as well as editors, solicitors, football managers, academics, to name but a few.
Employment policies, procedures and contracts for businesses
We help employers (ranging from London based, to national and multi-national employers)...
General employment disputes for individuals
We advise and represent both senior and junior employees in relation to all employment issues...
Settlement agreements for individuals
We represent people whose employment relationships are coming to an end...
Terminating employment for businesses
We advise employers (ranging from London based, to national and multi-national employers) on best practice...
Areas of expertise
Our solicitors have a wealth of experience in the full range of employment issues including:
- discrimination, harassment and bullying;
- contractual disputes (including in relation to shares and share options);
- bonus claims (including those arising within financial services businesses in the City of London and Canary Wharf);
- equal pay;
- restrictive covenants, including in connection with team moves;
- restructuring and TUPE transfers, sometimes working in conjunction with our corporate and commercial team;
- best practice in disciplinary and grievance procedures including correct steps for terminating employment;
- implications of disciplinary proceedings in the regulated professions, working in conjunction with our regulatory team;
- drafting contracts, policies, procedures;
- advising on performance management; and
- misconduct investigations
Our lawyers also advise partnerships, LLPs, partners and LLP members on workplace disputes and severance terms.
Our employment law team aims to provide the best practical advice for your situation, pointing you towards the most sensible, risk-managed approach.
Transactional support and TUPE for businesses
We act on a full range of employment related transactional support work, from smaller domestic corporate transactions...
Wrongful and unfair dismissal for individuals
We advise employees who have been dismissed without being given proper notice...
Wrongful and unfair dismissal for businesses
We advise employers (ranging from London based, to national and multi-national employers)...
Get to know our employment law team
Get in touch with one of our solicitors
Russell-Cooke have a very strong grasp of both the legal technicalities and commercial dynamics. They are very responsive, punctual and thorough.
The latest news and insights from our employment law team
Recruiters 'headhunting' underperforming employees to avoid expensive payouts—The Telegraph
Non-compete clauses in the UK—Corporate Live Wire
UK FCA's latest offering to whistleblowers fails to address perceived flaws - Thomson Reuters