How our immigration solicitors can help
Our immigration lawyers have a long and successful track record of advising on family and dependant visa applications and many years of combined experience in this area. This is one of the core legal directory recognised specialisms within our team.
Our immigration lawyers advise on the following areas, amongst others, relating to family and dependant visa applications:
- Partner visas, which includes Spouse, Civil Partner, Fiancé and Unmarried Partner visa applications;
- Dependant child or children of a parent who is applying for leave to enter or remain in the UK as a partner;
- Dependant child or children applying to join a parent or parents or relative who settled or is being admitted for settlement in the UK;
- Domestic Violence and Bereaved Partner visa applications;
- Marriage and Family Visitor visas;
- Adult Dependant Relative visa applications; and
- International adoption and surrogacy cases
Our solicitors work very closely with families and individuals to secure their short and long term immigration status, in many cases all the way through to ultimately securing British citizenship. We understand that family related visa applications are very personal and sensitive. As a team we have often been singled out and recognised by our clients and third parties for providing an excellent client care service.
What others have said about our immigration lawyers
A selection of recent independent legal directory comments about our immigration team or immigration solicitors in our team include the following:
- “standout presence in immigration law” - The Legal 500 (2024)
- “outstandingly professional, well-organised and empathetic with clients” - The Legal 500 (2024)
- “strong track record in advising individuals in their personal immigration matters” - The Legal 500 (2024)
- “Great knowledge and attention to clients’ needs” - The Legal 500 (2024)
- "The innate and underlying knowledge and experience regarding nationality, residence conditions, related documentation etc. are self-evident and readily imported on a client-facing basis" - The Legal 500 (2023)
- "Excellent client focus and professional services" - The Legal 500 (2023)
- "Excellent client care skills" – The Legal 500 (2022)
- "Very professional immigration service" – The Legal 500 (2022)
- "The team … is known for providing a ‘very good standard of service’ – The Legal 500 (2022)
- "Super nice and competent" – The Legal 500 (2022)
- "They are very knowledgeable, responsive and willing to help. They kept the process simple for us" – The Legal 500 (2022) responsive
Why our individual immigration team?
Very high success rate with family and dependant visa applications: Our very high success rate with a wide range of family and children related visa applications, despite advising on numerous extremely complicated applications some of which have been dealt at appeal stage, gives our clients added confidence and trust in securing a successful grant.
Complimentary family and children law advice within the same firm: Relatively few leading UK immigration teams also have legal directory rated family law and children law practices within the same firm that can assist with both domestic and international matters. This facilitates the provision of ‘joined up’ advice and can also bring practical benefits.
Personal: Our immigration solicitors understand that individual immigration is intensely personal and we reflect this in our advice and approach. Our immigration team combines considerable experience and related technical expertise with an efficient and personable approach to make the visa application process run as smoothly as possible for our individual clients and their families. We are also very sensitive to cultural differences and can provide whatever level of support is needed.
Scale: Russell-Cooke has around 250 specialist solicitors and lawyers. We are a full service ‘top 100’ UK London-based law firm and we are amongst the largest 1% of solicitors firms in the UK. This gives us added scale and resources to help our clients achieve their desired results.
Find out more about our pricing for immigration services for individuals.
Members of our immigration team have on many occasions written about developments in UK immigration law and have contributed immigration articles to many international publications and legal publications.
Our immigration team is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA).
Immigration law advice charging information
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change. We may also be able to offer fixed priced options for clients depending on their budget and the size, type and complexity of the work involved.
Find out more about our pricing, including examples of fee estimates. We would be pleased to discuss your requirements free of charge and tailor a costs proposal accordingly.
Immigration law charging information
Our fees are calculated mainly by reference to the time spent, charged at an hourly rate...
The latest news and insights from our immigration law team
Impending Immigration Health Surcharge increase
Russell-Cooke partner, Ed Wanambwa, panellist at the 8th Transatlantic Conference ELA/American Bar Association conference