How we can help
If you or someone you know has sustained a spinal cord injury, it is vital that you are able to speak with a legal team who has experience of helping people who have been in a similar situation. The personal injury and clinical negligence team at Russell-Cooke has genuine and long-held expertise in representing those whose lives have been changed by SCI and understand the importance of getting the earliest and best possible financial support and rehabilitation for you.
Our approach to spinal cord injury claims
The law of England and Wales says that an injured person is entitled to be put back in the position they would have been in had the incident not happened, as far as money will reasonably allow.
We know that no amount of money can ever truly compensate you. What we can do though is make sure that you receive the highest possible damages award available under the law, even if your particular circumstances mean the boundaries of the law need to be pushed. We will leave no stone unturned in ensuring that is the case.
Compensation in a spinal cord injury case is never simply about a large pot of money at the end of a long process.
Whilst the case is ongoing there are massively important things it can do for you:
- It can provide you with the financial means to fund the rehabilitation you need to get back to as full a life as possible, as quickly as possible, by way of medical therapies, accommodation, equipment and support. This can be by way of ‘interim’ payments against your eventual damages award or by agreement with the Defendant that they will meet these costs in full, come what may, even if you are not successful in your case ultimately.
- Interim payments against damages to ensure that you do not suffer financially because you are not earning, or earning less, or because your living expenses have increased due to your new situation.
This is the most important function of your solicitors at the outset – to secure those funds from the earliest possible stage and throughout the lifetime of the case.
If you or your loved one is newly injured, there will be a huge amount of questions going around your head. Please call us. We can answer them all.
We are experts in handling damages cases arising out of the following situations:
- Road traffic collisions
- Incidents involving vulnerable road users, including pedestrians, horse riders, cyclists and motorcyclists
- Negligence occurring in hospital or by your GP
- Incidents in the workplace
- Accidents in public areas
A spinal cord injury can happen to anyone at any time. The level of injury can vary greatly, as can the impact on your life. Whatever your situation we have the expertise and the drive to make sure you and your family receive the best possible outcome in the long term and for the duration of the claim.
You shouldn’t just take our word for it: we are accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL). We are trusted legal partners of the Back-Up Trust and the leading national independent legal guide, The Legal 500, recommend us for our serious injury claims expertise.