For advice on who to talk to, call
We advise landlords and leaseholders of flats or houses on the enfranchisement provisions of the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 and the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993. This includes matters relating to:
- individual or multiple lease extensions
- tenant's pre-emption rights
- Right to Manage
- collective enfranchisement
- house enfranchisement
- freehold sales to leaseholders
- matters following collective enfranchisement
We have wide experience of all types of enfranchisement work, including matters involving high-value Notting Hill properties and complex collective enfranchisements of large blocks of flats. In such cases, we can advise on the most efficient and tax-effective legal structures. In particularly complex cases we can call upon the support of our corporate & commercial team.
We have well-established links with other property professionals such as valuation surveyors.
- the specialist enfranchisement group comprises a team of commercial and residential property lawyers and support staff with a strong established reputation in this field and broad experience over the sector
- the team includes both property and property litigation lawyers. We are committed to completing transactions via the quickest and most cost-effective route and if at all possible without recourse to the tribunal and court systems
- our experience and resources means we are well placed to undertake complicated, time critical deals
- Russell-Cooke is noted in the legal peer review guide Chambers UK 2014 for its work on investment properties and portfolios - "Russell-Cooke is a fantastic legal firm which provides strong advice with clients' interests at the core"
Our enfranchisement solicitors are able to meet clients in the heart of Notting Hill, just off Kensington High Street, a short walk from Notting Hill Gate at the Kensington Pavilion.
Our solicitors and lawyers are based at our offices in Holborn (in Central London), Putney (in South West London), and Kingston (Surrey), but can also meet with clients to advise at our meeting rooms in Mayfair, Canary Wharf and in the City of London - Dashwood House and The Leadenhall Building.