For advice on who to talk to, call
If you have been threatened with eviction by your landlord, received a notice of seeking possession or a court summons which could lead to your eviction, then we can help you.
We can assist you to fight the possession claim and try to stop you being evicted from your home. Landlords can start possession proceedings against you for a number of different reasons including:
- when you have got into rent arrears
- allegations that you, or someone in your household, have caused a nuisance or been involved in anti-social behaviour
- the landlord alleges that you have illegally sub-let the property
- your spouse, civil partner or the main tenant has died and the landlord says you cannot remain living there
- you have been absent or living away from the property
- you have complained about the property being in a poor state of repair
It is important to obtain expert legal advice as soon as possible if you are facing the threat of eviction. You may want to challenge the eviction or need more time to resolve any difficulties you are experiencing such as paying the rent.
Our specialist and dedicated team act quickly, investigating the issues in your case, advising you of the strength of your case, negotiating with the landlord and arranging legal representation for you in court if necessary.
Even when a possession order or eviction notice has already been made, our solicitors have considerable experience in applying to suspend the warrant to stop an eviction. Our lawyers have extensive experience in advising tenants facing eviction claims, so whatever your circumstances, we will do all we can to protect your rights and keep a roof over your head.