This event is closed
Charities are very commonly established with structures that are unfamiliar to the commercial world and the ways in which they operate and the rules that govern them are very particular. The nature of charity funding also significantly affects the environment in which charities operate and the issues and risks with which they have to deal.
This course deals with fundamental practical and legal concerns regarding operational and investment property held by charities and highlights those areas where specialist advice might be required.
What you will learn
This course will cover the following:
- The nature of charitable organisations and why charitable status matters
- Charity structures and how charities hold property
- The statutory rules regarding commercial mortgages and secured grants
- Special cases: gifts, mergers, asset transfer
- Planning and taxation issues relating to charity land acquisitions and holdings