Russell-Cooke commended for wide-ranging legal expertise
The latest edition of the Legal 500 UK has once again recognised Russell-Cooke as leaders across a wide number of practice areas. In all, 65 lawyers across 23 areas of practice have been recognised.
The Legal 500 is an independent guide to the legal sector, ranking law firms and lawyers across legal specialisms and geographic regions, identifying the most highly respected legal professionals in their areas of expertise. It is compiled and published annually using feedback from clients and peer firms. It is an important tool for clients to background check the law firms they intend to instruct, or indeed to choose a law firm to instruct.
14 Russell-Cooke lawyers are listed as elite 'leading individuals' and a further 51 are recommended in the editorial.
Senior Partner John Gould commented "Our directory rankings are an important part of our strategy and we view them as welcome external recognition of the quality of our lawyers and work. They not only reinforce the strength and depth of our expertise but also demonstrate our commitment to offering an unrivalled range of specialisms for a firm of our size; specialisms which we continually strive to maintain and improve. As the 'lawyers lawyers' we view the commendation of our peers, as well as clients, as crucial."
Russell-Cooke is ranked in the following London categories:
- corporate and commercial: M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m Tier 3 "specialises in the technology, marketing and PR, travel and leisure, and property sectors"
- crime, fraud and licensing: crime general Tier 2 "provides an outstanding service'"
- crime, fraud and licensing: fraud: white-collar crime Tier 3 "has ‘the personnel and experience to deal with the most complex of cases’"
- dispute resolution: commercial litigation Tier 7 "very strong for a medium-sized firm"
- dispute resolution: professional discipline Tier 2 "highly rated for its 'breadth of experience and range of understanding of a huge number of different regulators across the whole gamut of professionals'"
- human resources: employment: employers and senior executives Tier 2 "team of tenacious and committed litigators'"
- human resources: immigration: business Tier 3 "noted for its experience in advising on the immigration law implications of complex and high value corporate transactions"
- human resources: immigration: human rights, appeals and overstay Tier 3 "the team also regularly handles complex children and family law issues and also advises on sensitive immigration adoption cases involving adoption of children abroad"
- insurance: clinical negligence: claimant Tier 2 "has an excellent track record in handling novel, complex and high-value cases"
- insurance: personal injury: claimant Tier 4 "an enormously good reputation in personal injury work"
- private client: charities and not-for-profit Tier 2 "a growing team with six partners and seven associates who work exclusively for charity clients"
- private client: contentious trusts and probate Tier 3 "one of the major players in this area with the names and expertise to compete with the really big central London firms but with a slightly different, more client-focused approach"
- private client: court of protection Tier 2 "the skilled team is experienced at handling complex cross border/ private international law issues"
- private client: family Tier 2 "an excellent firm with many experienced practitioners who really understand the law"
- private client: family: mediation Tier 2 "few firms have such a strong offering and commitment across the board to ADR"
- private client: personal tax, trusts and probate Tier 2 "a professional team that has a keen eye for detail"
- public sector: education: individuals Tier 2 "acknowledged as excellent for its specialism in assisting children with special education needs and disabilities"
- real estate: commercial property Retail Tier 2 "exceptional commercial awareness and excellent legal ability" with "the consistency and the depth to cover most transactions"
- real estate: planning Tier 5 "the team specialises in residential development and attracts praise for its great attention to detail"
- real estate: property finance Tier 6 "has strong relationships with a number of bank clients"
- real estate: property litigation Tier 4 "offers both service and litigation skills of a very high standard"
- real estate: social housing: tenant Tier 3 "a team of assertive, experienced and thorough lawyers, who have considerable experience"
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms): sport Tier 4 "astute team", "strong in regulatory and governance matters, including the skilful handling of disciplinary cases"
Visit The Legal 500 website for full details of this year’s rankings.