Russell-Cooke has once again been ranked in Band 1 for both Children Law and Real Estate Law in Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession (UK) 2021 meaning the firm is at the top of law firm rankings in the UK.
Russell-Cooke has five partners ranked in Band 1: Senior Partner John Gould in Professional Discipline, Samantha Little in Children Law, Jae Carwardine in Crime, and Fiona Read and James Carroll in Family/Matrimonial ADR. Eva Akins (subsequently promoted to partner) is listed as a Star Associate. In all, 24 of the firm's lawyers are ranked.
Ten Russell-Cooke teams are recommended in the directory as follows (Band 1 rankings marked with asterisk):
- Charities– UK-wide; Band 3 "Strong commercial offering with regard to restructuring, mergers, asset transfers, financing and property law."
- Children: Cross-Border Disputes– London; Band 3 "They are able to bring a level of warmth and humanity to their job."
- Children: Public Law Matters– London* "Possesses noted expertise in public care and safeguarding work, including forced marriage."
- Clinical Negligence: Mainly Claimant– London; Band 3 "Accomplished team assisting clients with complex and sensitive cases ranging in value and severity."
- Crime– London; Band 2 "The right manpower to tackle complex and multi-faceted cases without being overwhelmed and the strong expertise required to provide sound advice to its clients."
- Family/matrimonial– London; Band 3 "Their professionalism, experience and efficiency are the most constant qualities."
- Professional Discipline– UK-wide; Band 3 "They have an ability to think outside the box and come up with solutions in some unusual circumstances."
- Real Estate Litigation– London; Band 5 "Very responsive and good at explaining themselves."
- Real Estate: Lower Mid-Market– London* "The team is informed and experienced, with good client management."
- Social Housing: Tenants– UK-wide; Band 3 "Well-regarded team acting for tenants on the full range of housing issues, including disrepair claims, homelessness appeals and possession proceedings."
Ten of the firm's practitioners were ranked in Chambers High Net Worth 2021 which was published in July 2020. Russell-Cooke's teams were also recognised in the Family/matrimonial, Private Wealth Law and Private Wealth Law Disputes rankings.
Russell-Cooke Senior Partner John Gould said: "We are always pleased to be ranked in the Chambers Guides as their rankings are mainly based on commendations from our clients and referrers. The dual polarities of our top rankings in commercial real estate law and public children law perfectly demonstrates how our broad base allows us to be focussed around, and committed to, contemporary London and its people in all their variety. Providing access to justice and access to excellence in legal practice is more crucial than ever in these uncertain and challenging times. I would like to extend special thanks to our clients and to my partners and colleagues for their positivity resilience and pragmatism over the past few months that has helped us to continue to do so."