My in-depth knowledge and experience allows me to develop highly effective strategies for my clients. Proportionality and my clients' long-term goals are always a priority from the outset of any matter. I offer practical advice whether at an early stage, in settlement discussions, or once proceedings have been issued.
Joshua advises on disputes involving individuals, businesses and charities.
His practice covers a wide range of areas, but with a particular focus on commercial litigation, corporate disputes and negligence claims against professionals. Joshua has extensive experience advising on high value and complex commercial litigation matters.
Joshua is recognised for providing his clients with pragmatic advice, ensuring their desired outcome is achieved through bespoke legal advice and commercial awareness.
He assists his clients by seeking to resolve disputes before any formal legal proceedings are commenced. Where legal action is required, he remains focused on settlement and alternative dispute resolution options, where appropriate and in line with the client’s overall objectives.
Joshua qualified in September 2015 and joined Russell-Cooke in 2022.
Joshua's experience includes frequently handling complicated and high value matters in the high court, along with general matters in the county court. Some specific examples are set out below:
- acting for a landscaping company in respect of a contractual dispute involving a claim of alleged repudiation of contract
- acting for an individual in an alleged breach of a director’s personal guarantee. The claim also involved a counter claim for breach of duty to act in good faith by the mortgagees in possession
- acting for a high-end classic car restoration company in multiple claims involving both breach of contract and breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- representing a major retailer following a cyber attack on the client’s website, resulting in multiple claims by data subjects for breach of GDPR
Commercial corporate disputes:
- successfully defending a claim at trial in the high court on behalf of a beneficiary over the valuation of company shares
- successfully negotiating a settlement at mediation for a director and shareholder in a threatened claim against them for breach of fiduciary duty, contract, partnership agreement and alleged statements of malicious falsehoods
- representing directors in relation to threatened claims by a liquidator in connection with alleged misfeasance, fraudulent trading and preferential payments
- defending an application in the high court for restitution of payments received by a company
- advising a company in relation to a claim against it for a deferred loan amount under a SPA and advancing a counterclaim for breach of warranty provided within the SPA
Member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)