Robert is a Consultant in the commercial and construction litigation team. He started his legal career with Russell-Cooke before moving to firms that specialised in construction law.
He has lived and worked in France, Hong Kong and Dubai qualifying as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 1991.
During the course of his career he has advised and acted for employers, contractors, subcontractors and construction professionals in the formulation and running of their contracts and representing them in disputes whether in litigation, arbitration or adjudication.
Robert has extensive experience in arbitration both in the UK and internationally, he is a Chartered Arbitrator and has sat as an Arbitrator in ICC arbitrations as well as acting as principal advocate in both national and international arbitrations.
Since the inception of statutory adjudication in the United Kingdom in 1998 he has been an Accredited Adjudicator, he appears regularly in the TCC (Technology and Construction Court) particularly in relation to the enforcement of adjudication decisions and applications under the 1996 Arbitration Act.
Through his work with design professionals he has developed a significant intellectual property practice centred on the construction industry. He delivers regular RIBA CPD accredited talks on the subject.
- Member of the Society of Construction Law
- Member and part of the Management Committee of TECSA and the Adjudication Subcommittee
- Founder member and Chairman of the London Branch of the Adjudication Society
- Director of the Franco British Lawyers Society and former Vice President for England and Wales
- Advisor on the RIBA Helpline
- Joint Honours degree in Economics and Politics – University College of Wales
- Diplôme des Études de Français (first year of a degree in French) – Université de Caen
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales through the Chester College of Law
- Qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 1991
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators 1988
- TECSA accredited adjudicator 1999 (also on the RIBA and CIC Panels as an adjudicator)
- Chartered Arbitrator 2008