Thomas is a senior associate in the insolvency litigation team.
Thomas deals with corporate insolvency and personal bankruptcy matters. He acts for insolvency practitioners, company directors, shareholders and investors, creditors and those facing financial distress. His work for insolvency practitioners includes acting for trustees in bankruptcy, maximising the return to creditors by investigating the bankrupt’s financial affairs and pursuing and realising assets which belong to the bankruptcy estate.
Thomas advises liquidators and administrators of companies on asset realisations, trust issues and contested claims against directors and third parties. He also acts for individuals facing bankruptcy problems themselves, liaising with trustees, dealing with creditors and exploring alternatives.
Thomas qualified as a solicitor in 2013 and joined Russell Cooke in 2018. He was promoted to senior associate in 2020.
- Acting for various trustees in bankruptcy in contested asset realisation claims
- Acting for a trustee in bankruptcy to obtain declarations relating to unenforceable loans advanced by a company in liquidation
- Acting for a trustee in bankruptcy to recover possession of a 'shared-ownership' property, including obtaining a declaration that the long lease of the property from a local housing authority was an asset of the bankrupt estate
- Acting for landlords of commercial premises to resolve various issues arising from tenant insolvency
- Advising an administrator in connection with an application for court approval of remuneration
- Seeking permission to continue proceedings against a company in administration, in order to obtain declarations including a lien over property, so as to promote a creditor client’s status to that of a secured creditor
- Rectifying the register at land registry to accurately record the transfer of parcels of land to a bankrupt, in order to assist in realisation of the asset
- Degree in Law from UWE Bristol and completed his legal studies at City Law School, London.
- Trained and qualified with a regional firm on the South Coast.