Location: Bedford Row
Benefits: Available upon application
Job Type: Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a solicitor to join our well regarded (Legal 500 and Chambers HNW ranked) team in our Bedford Row office near Holborn in Central London.
We advise a range of clients including beneficiaries, executors, trustees, charities, deputies and attorneys.
The cases you will work on include:
- Multi-jurisdictional estate disputes including domicile disputes.
- Challenges in relation to the validity or construction of wills.
- Acting for trustees and beneficiaries in relation to breach of trust claims, applications for directions/blessing applications or removal.
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Property beneficial ownership / TLATA disputes.
- Professional negligence claims relating to wills, trusts or tax advice.
You will have the opportunity to run your own caseload, as well as assisting other solicitors on larger matters.
There are also plenty of opportunities to participate in business development activities and to contribute to the success of this growing team.
Technical skills and expertise
Ideally you will:
- Have minimum 1 years’ experience working in a well-regarded contentious trusts and probate team and be enthused and committed to this area of work.
- Be well versed in providing a thoughtful, first class service to every client.
- Have strong analytical skills backed up by sound academics.
- Be used to working – and thinking – independently and creatively.
- Be able to manage your own caseload and prioritise work effectively.
- Enjoy working as part of a team with colleagues and clients alike.
Your career development
Russell-Cooke’s lawyers are rounded professional advisers with strong commercial awareness and a commitment to exceeding client expectations. All our lawyers benefit from our cohort based career development programme in which you mix with and learn from your colleagues across the 18 departments in the firm. We understand the importance of building an internal network and have developed this excellent cohort programme to allow our lawyers to work together across the significant range of practice areas and share their knowledge, experiences and networks.
At each stage of your career, and as you move through the cohorts, a bespoke training programme will be provided to support you with your development and progression.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries, agile working and generous benefits. We maintain a busy programme of events for our thriving office communities. Our activities are as diverse as our work and our people.
We welcome direct applications. If you would like any further information about the firm please contact a member of the HR team.
We have a diverse workforce and aim to attract high calibre applicants that reflect the demography of our geographical location and client base. Individuals will be employed solely on merit and the requirement of the position. No applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender Identity or religion. Reasonable adjustments will be made to eliminate or reduce disadvantage.
Get in touch
If you have any questions that have not been answered on this page, or if you want a confidential chat about whether Russell-Cooke might be right for you, do get in touch.