For advice on who to talk to, call
We have collective expertise in construction, regulatory, health & safety and property disputes. We act for groups of leaseholders, tenants, management companies, freeholders as well as developers in civil claims and criminal investigations arising from unsafe cladding and other building defects in relation to fire safety. We are also acting for some of the bereaved, survivors and residents at the Grenfell Tower Fire Public Inquiry.
We have in depth knowledge of the technical framework relating to building regulations and the operation of relevant guidance. We have insights into the marketing, testing and certification of various external wall system materials including cladding, insulation and cavity barriers. We can provide clear and practical advice on how this intertwines with any recourse open to our clients whilst assisting them in avoiding or resolving disputes in the most cost-effective way.
We can help with:
- advising on breaches of building regulations (and other relevant safety legislation) and options
- advising on recoverability of remediation costs and challenges
- advising and representing parties on standstill agreements
- advising and representing parties on service charge challenges arising from cladding or building safety remediation costs
- advising on claims against builders and developers
- advising on company and personal liability issues arising from cladding and building safety claims
- advising large Build to Rent and Private Rented Sector landlords on the impact of remediation works on their tenants and in respect of the disclosure of planned works to prospective tenants
- acting in court applications and appeals
- acting in property tribunals in relation to service charge applications for remediation costs
- minimising costs exposure including the use of negotiation, mediation, arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution