The latest edition of The Legal 500 (2017) has recognised 57 Russell-Cooke lawyers across 24 areas of law, 13 of which are named as ‘leaders in their fields’.
The Legal 500 is an independent guide to the legal sector. Published annually, compiled using feedback from clients and peer firms, The Legal 500 ranks law firms and lawyers across legal specialisms and geographic regions, identifying the most highly respected legal professionals in their areas of expertise.
John Gould, Senior Partner commented “We continue to improve the range and depth of services we offer. Other lawyers are second only to existing clients as our most important source of referrals and it is good to see this sectoral knowledge confirmed by directory research."
Russell-Cooke is ranked in the following 24 London categories:
- corporate and commercial: M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m Tier 3 “pragmatic, commercial”
- crime, fraud and licensing: crime general Tier 2 “experienced and highly proficient across the full range of criminal cases”
- crime, fraud and licensing: fraud: white-collar crime Tier 2 “fantastically competent criminal fraud group”
- dispute resolution: commercial litigation Tier 7 “a strong, all-round, mid-sized firm”
- dispute resolution: professional discipline Tier 2 “vast experience”
- human resources: employment senior execs Tier 2 “prompt and carefully thought-through advice”
- human resources: immigration: business Tier 3 “a standout firm in business immigration”
- human resources: immigration: human rights, appeals and overstay Tier 3 “brilliant service for high-net-worth immigration clients, and achieves impressive results”
- insurance: clinical negligence: claimant Tier 2 “efficient, effective and approachable”
- insurance: personal injury: claimant Tier 4 “a fantastically high-quality team”
- private client: charities and not-for-profit: Tier 2 “makes a great effort to understand not just the legal framework under which charities operate but also their ethos and aspirations for the future”
- private client: contentious trusts and probate Tier 3 “very highly regarded and well equipped to deal with all issues”
- private client: Court of Protection Tier 2 “a specialist team that is quick and provides very sound advice”
- private client: family Tier 2 “provides high-class advice to clients while never losing its human touch”
- private client: family: mediation Tier 2 “a strong and growing reputation in this area; it is biting on the ankles of the "Magic Circle" firms”
- private client: personal tax, trusts and probate Tier 2 “extremely responsive and knowledgeable, and provides clear and unambiguous advice”
- public sector: education: individuals Tier 2 “outstanding” team “knows the law and the subject matter inside out”
- real estate: commercial property: Tier 6 “commercially aware”
- real estate: commercial property: retail Tier 2 “pragmatic, efficient and provides good value for money”
- real estate: commercial property: planning: Tier 5 “detailed work with fantastic insight”
- real estate: property finance Tier 6: “very commercial, practical and cost-effective”
- real estate: property litigation Tier 4: “excellent team does a great job for clients and is highly knowledgeable”
- real estate: social housing: tenant Tier 3: “excellent team does a great job for clients and is highly knowledgeable”
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms): sport Tier 4: “wide experience in corruption inquiries and anti-doping”
Visit the The Legal 500 website for full details of this year’s rankings.