Russell-Cooke is once again top-ranked in Chambers for real estate and for public children law in its 2022 UK guide, with multiple other teams across the firm’s broad practice recommended.
Of 24 ranked lawyers, five partners are ranked in Band 1; James Carroll for Family/Matrimonial: Mainly ADR, Jae Carwardine for Crime, John Gould for Professional Discipline, Sam Little for Children: Public Law Matters and Fiona Read for Family/Matrimonial: Mainly ADR.
Russell-Cooke teams are ranked across 10 practice areas (Band 1 rankings are marked with an asterisk):
- Charities– UK-wide; Band 3 "They have a good sector knowledge, are responsive, provide solid advice and are easy to work with"
- Children: Cross-Border Disputes– London; Band 3 "Russell-Cooke offers very good client care and has empathy"
- Children: Public Law Matters– London* "They offer balanced, sensible advice and will look for solutions"
- Clinical Negligence: Mainly Claimant– London; Band 3 "Correspondence with the team is prompt, and e-mails are responded to immediately and extensively"
- Crime– London; Band 2 "Every member of the team is down to earth and easy to work with"
- Family/matrimonial– London; Band 3 "Friendly, courteous and responsive"
- Professional Discipline– UK-wide; Band 3 "Russell-Cooke's attention to detail and timeliness of service sets it apart from many competitors"
- Real Estate Litigation– London; Band 5 "The firm has strength in the breadth and depth of its people both in skills and knowledge"
- Real Estate: Lower Mid-Market– London* "Russell-Cooke has a wide range of expertise and good personal service"
- Social Housing: Tenants– UK-wide; Band 3 "They are good at communicating efficiently and promptly with clients"
Russell-Cooke Senior Partner John Gould said: "Choosing a lawyer is not an easy task. As the Chambers guides base their rankings on client and peer recommendations, the consistency of our rankings over the years speaks volumes. We’re committed to service excellence and aim to deliver it for every client across the very broad range of our practice.”