I resolve disputes for individuals, charities and businesses through negotiations and formal proceedings. I provide practical advice and build long-term relationships with my clients to help them achieve their desired outcomes, pro-actively manage their commercial and legal risks and develop mitigation strategies for breaches of contractual and legal obligations
Mark helps his clients resolve their disputes across a broad range of business sectors. Mark commonly advises on the legal issues that arise on property development, construction and service delivery projects, as well as from the relationships between parties in businesses together.
Mark uses his experience and skills to resolve disputes through negotiations and pursue and defend claims through formal proceedings. He has extensive experience of dispute avoidance and risk management and develops mitigation strategies for his clients when they are responding to breaches of contractual and other legal obligations.
Mark provides valuable and practical advice to allow his clients to understand and balance their commercial and legal objectives, taking into account the potential longer term implications of any decisions.
Mark Fletcher is a brilliant lawyer with a fine eye for detail, who will turn over every stone in order to achieve the best result for his client.
- Project and construction disputes: advising employers, contractors and subcontractors about the legal issues that arise when service projects and residential and commercial construction developments get into difficulties. Mark helps his clients decide on their approach towards outstanding works and supports his clients in finally resolving their disputes. Mark regularly acts for referring and responding parties in adjudications and in arbitrations and proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court, including in claims relating to interim payments, final accounts, repudiation, professional negligence and patent & latent defects
- Corporate disputes: advising companies, directors, shareholders, members and partners involved in disputes about the operation of their trading businesses, family companies, residents’ management companies and professional practices. Mark helps his clients identify ways of protecting their interests in the day to day operations of their business and supports his clients in resolving their disputes. Mark brings and defends claims for breaches of shareholders’ and membership agreements, breaches of duty and unfair prejudice
- Commercial litigation: acts for claimants and defendants in claims involving the misappropriation of property, contractual and quasi-contractual claims, misrepresentation claims, contested debt claims, disputes relating to banking facilities and guarantees, financial services and products costs recovery
Mark Fletcher – sound lawyer and good tactician – full of common sense.
- Member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Member of the Society of Construction Law
- Member of TeCSA, the Technology and Construction Solicitors’ Association
Mark Fletcher is excellent on the detail and very organised – a great advantage particularly where disputes have a TCC element. Very easy to work with.