Andrew is a partner in the private client group.
Andrew is recognised for his advice on cross-border private client matters. He is recognised as a Foreign Expert in Chambers HNW (2021) where sources describe him as "pragmatic and down to earth". Legal 500 (2019) highlights his "advice on international trusts, tax and succession issues". He is the present chair of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Cross Border Estates Group. He regularly talks at conferences on cross-border matters within the UK and abroad, and has authored many legal texts in this area. Andrew has developed contacts in many jurisdictions, including through our membership of the Legus and Lexunion networks. He speaks fluent Italian.
Andrew advises on cross-border estate administration, cross-border estate planning, trusts and international tax.
Andrew advises on all aspects of tax in private client work and is a member of the Association of Tax Technicians.
Trust advice and administration
Andrew works closely the Trust Administration team on the many trusts that Russell-Cooke administers. He also gives specific trust law advice for clients as trustees, protectors and beneficiaries. He is a director of Russell-Cooke Trust Company.
Wills, estate planning and estate administration
Andrew has extensive experience in private client law and practice (wills, estate planning and estate administration). He looks to looks to use his experience to help clients in a practical and informative way.
- UK tax structuring - advised UK Irish couple on an inheritance from an Australian estate and the available inheritance tax, and their related estate planning for their UK investment property business
- UK tax and trust advice - advised on obtaining complete UK inheritance tax relief for valuable UK property investment and development company held by individuals and trusts
- UK trust advice - advised trustees on extensive redevelopment project for portfolio of properties including those occupied by beneficiaries
- UK France USA estate planning - advised wealthy UK couple living in France on succession and tax planning for their UK, French and Delaware assets including trust and trading company considerations
- UK Italy USA Luxembourg estate planning - advising wealthy US/Italian couple resident in UK on their estate planning and wills including consideration of a valuable trading company asset held through a Luxembourg structure
- Ranked by Chambers HNW (2020) for private wealth law with foreign expertise.
- Described in The Legal 500 (2019) as "excellent" for international trust, tax and succession advice
- Recognised in Citywealth Leaders List
- Member of the Association of Tax Technicians
- Member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Chair of the Cross-Border Estates Group committee (STEP)
- Committee member of STEP Cross Border Estates Group
- Committee member of British Italian Law Association
- Member of Business Club Italia