David is a partner in the corporate and commercial team and advises clients on a variety of corporate and commercial matters, with a particular focus on the sale and purchase of private companies and businesses, partnership issues, shareholder agreements and general company law advice.
In particular, David has extensive experience in advising on structuring and implementing solutions where there is a dispute between owners of a business.
David joined Russell-Cooke in 2006 and was appointed partner in 2012.
- Advised the sellers on the sale of 100% of the issued share capital of BiGDUG Limited to a subsidiary of TAAKT AG, a listed German acquirer
- Acted on the acquisition of a group of property investment companies which own 99 Kensington High Street, home of the Kensington Roof Gardens
- Represented a European satellite communication services provider on incoming private equity investment and fundraising
- Advised a regulated financial services firm in relation to an equity fundraising and related share transfer arrangements
- Acted for the sellers of a majority stake in an event organisation business in the oil and gas sector
- Recommended in The Legal 500 (2017)
- Acted as expert witness on partnership law at a Crown Court criminal hearing
- Obtained a First in law from the University of Bristol
- Postgraduate degree in European Union law from the University of Nottingham and Maastricht University in the Netherlands
- Qualified as a solicitor in 2003
- Contributed a section to The Law of Legal Services relating to structures for legal businesses