Harriet is an associate in the property litigation department, based in the Putney office.
Harriet assists businesses and individuals in managing and resolving disputes in relation to commercial and residential properties, including, where possible, with a view to avoiding disputes arising.
Her areas of expertise include commercial landlord and tenant disputes, including arrears recovery and advising on forfeiture of commercial leases. Harriet also works closely with our commercial real estate department on lease renewals, assisting with the statutory notice requirements and the management of lease renewal proceedings. Harriet also has experience of advising residential property owners, particularly freeholders who have received applications for consent to alterations from their leaseholders, and on the interpretation of restrictive covenants.
- Advising an investment fund landlord on a range of matters, including contentious and non-contentious commercial lease renewals, termination of leases and rent arrears recovery
- Advising residential freeholders of their rights in relation to applications for consent for alterations from their leaseholders
- Debt recovery proceedings (rent and service charge arrears, both residential and commercial)
- Advising on the interpretation of a rent reduction clause in the context of the coronavirus pandemic and the various legislation introduced
- Disputes relating to the sale of properties (including failure to complete)
- Advising on access to neighbouring land in the context of building projects
- Advising commercial landlords and tenants on their rights and obligations where a break notice has been (or will be) issued
- Advising on the enforceability and interpretation of restrictive covenants (both residential and commercial property)
- Member of the Property Litigation Association
- Member of Women in Property
- Studied Archaeology (BA) at the University of York, graduating with a 2.1
- Completed the Graduate Diploma in Law at the University of Law
- Completed the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law, obtaining a Commendation