Jodie is an associate in the property and housing litigation team.
She advises a broad range of clients with housing and property disputes. Jodie also undertakes legal aid work for individuals including defending possession proceedings, judicial review, homelessness appeals, suitability reviews of accommodation and disrepair claims. Jodie is also advising and representing some of those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire in the ongoing Inquiry.
Jodie joined Russell-Cooke LLP in September 2015, upon her qualification as a solicitor.
Jodie has a keen interest in social justice and volunteers at the Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
- Evictions - advising tenants of the West Hendon estate regarding threatened evictions due to the regeneration of the area
- Applications for housing - assisting homeless clients to make applications for housing to their Local Authority
- Appeal Local Authority - helping clients to appeal Local Authority decisions with regard to their eligibility for housing
- Housing suitability - advising disabled and vulnerable clients with regard to the suitability of their housing
- Possession proceedings - assisting landlords and tenants regarding possession proceedings
- Breaches of covenant - advising and representing lessors and lessees regarding breaches of covenant
- Member of the Housing Law Practitioners’ Association
- Degree in English Literature from Warwick University and achieved distinctions in both her GDL and LPC