Patrick is a dual qualified solicitor and avocat au barreau de Paris.
His specialist work includes advising on French and cross-border legal and tax issues including inheritance tax, capital gains tax, wealth tax and trust reporting obligations.
Patrick regularly gives talks to the legal profession in Britain and across Europe.
Patrick has contributed to Private Client Business (Thomson-Reuters), Bloomberg-BNA, La Revue Fiscale du Patrimoine (LexisNexis) and Tax Notes International.
Patrick practised at FIDAL Bordeaux from 1992 to 2002 and FIDAL Direction Internationale in 2002 and 2003. He joined Russell-Cooke in 2004.
Patrick qualified as an avocat in 1995 and as a solicitor in 2007.
- B Bank Plc: Advice on the relevance of holding French residential property through SCI and off-shore trust. Advice on French corporate law (SCI). Advice on the members’ personal liability under French law with regard to ISF, CGT and IHT.
- P Ltd: Advice on the structure of ownership of a French property by an Anglo-American company through a Cayman Island subsidiary in view of its occupation by the company’s directors.
- B Ltd/The C Trust: Advice on the position with regard to the transfer of a French property title from a UK Limited Company to an offshore trust company further to a French tax enquiry.
- Mr & Mrs LJ: Advice on the tax exposure of an Icelandic national potentially resident of the Caribbean holding French property with reference to Art 164 C CGI.
- Ranked by Chambers HNW (2018) for private wealth law with foreign expertise. One source notes, "we always found him to be helpful and efficient," adding "he established good rapport with the clients."
- Ranked by Chambers HNW (2017) for private wealth law with foreign expertise
- Citywealth Leaders List (2018) describes Patrick as being "an extremely capable lawyer who acts totally in the best interest of his clients. He is a total delight to do business with and has an exceptional reputation in the market place". Described by the Citywealth Leaders List (2017) as "a total delight to do business with and has an exceptional reputation in the market place".
- Private Client UK (Foreign Expert) in Chambers Global 2016
- Member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- Accredited consultant to CRIDON LYON
- University of Bordeaux, obtaining a DEA (droit privé) in 1991
- Avocat in 1995
- Solicitor in 2007
- Journée de droit successoral 2016, Université de Fribourg, Stämpfli Editions, Jan 2016
- International Protection of Adults, Oxford University Press, Mar 2015