Patrick is a Solicitor (England & Wales) and Avocat au Barreau de Paris.
His specialist work is Private International Law and includes advising on French and cross-border tax issues (Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Wealth Tax and trust reporting obligations).
Patrick regularly gives talks to the legal profession in Britain and in Europe.
Patrick has contributed to Private Client Business (Thomson-Reuters) and LexisNexis.
Patrick is a member of LEXUNION, STEP and accredited consultant to CRIDON LYON.
Patrick studied Law at the University of Bordeaux where he obtained a DEA (Droit Privé) in 1991.
Patrick practised at FIDAL Bordeaux from 1992 to 2002 and FIDAL Direction Internationale in 2002 and 2003. He joined Russell-Cooke in 2004.
Patrick qualified as an Avocat in 1995 and as a Solicitor in 2007.
- B Bank Plc: Advice on the relevance of holding French residential property through SCI and off-shore trust. Advice on French corporate law (SCI). Advice on the members’ personal liability under French law with regard to ISF, CGT and IHT.
- P Ltd: Advice on the structure of ownership of a French property by an Anglo-American company through a Cayman Island subsidiary in view of its occupation by the company’s directors.
- B Ltd/The C Trust: Advice on the position with regard to the transfer of a French property title from a UK Limited Company to an offshore trust company further to a French tax enquiry.
- Mr & Mrs LJ: Advice on the tax exposure of an Icelandic national potentially resident of the Caribbean holding French property with reference to Art 164 C CGI.
- University of Bordeaux, obtaining a DEA (droit privé) in 1991
- Avocat in 1995
- Solicitor in 2007