We assist build-to-rent (BTR) and private rented sector (PRS) operators in almost every aspect of their businesses, ranging from:
- site acquisition and corporate real estate
- advising on statutory obligations towards tenants, drafting standard documentation such as tenancy agreements and landlord to tenant communications
- buy to let residential conveyancing
We are also leaders in the field of PRS and BTR enforcement, helping our clients keep arrears and anti-social behaviour to a minimum and dealing with problematic lettings efficiently and effectively. Our collective expertise allows us to offer our services to clients as a whole package, a one-stop-shop.
We are fortunate to count many of the largest build-to-rent names in the market as our clients and we have a reputation for providing clear, practical and commercial legal advice using our breadth of experience to provide commercial solutions, tailored to our clients’ needs.
This is a practice which builds genuine and successful relationships with clients and other professionals. Its culture is open and collaborative, to the great benefit of client outcomes.
Our specialists have been the advisors of the pioneers of the BTR sector in the UK since its inception in the UK and we are a trusted soundboard for our clients' often innovative ideas. We are proud to do our part in helping our clients continue to transform the housing stock in the UK for the better.
- advising businesses of all sizes on site acquisition and disposal of investment assets and corporate fundraising
- commercial development and construction, including site assembly
- advising on compliance with the regulatory schemes and statutory obligations, including health and safety, equality and data protection legislation
- planning applications, appeals and licensing and planning regime compliance
- all aspects of mobilisation of a site, including planning and implementing the ownership structure, estate management and property management
- evaluating and advising in respect of prospective third party relationships, such as with insurers, deposit protection schemes, deposit replacement products and furniture suppliers
- advising upon obligations in respect of District Heat Networks and direct billing of customers for utility use
- drafting leases and tenancy agreements, tailored to meet our clients’ specific needs
- drafting and negotiating employment contracts and employment policies
- reputation management and press release reviews
- enforcement of tenancy terms
- recovery of arrears
- recovery of possession from tenants and trespassers
- access injunctions, such as for annual gas safety checks
- deposit disputes
The Legal 500 (2023) praises the team's "excellent speed of response, knowledge and pragmatism". One commenter notes "this is a practice which builds genuine and successful relationships with clients and other professionals. Its culture is open and collaborative, to the great benefit of client outcomes."
Get in touch
The latest news and insights from our real estate planning and construction team
Overage and clawback on sales of land—considerations for sellers
Planning law update—November 2023
Real estate legal news—October 2023