For advice on who to talk to, call
We offer specialist, bilingual expertise to clients who require assistance with French and cross-border tax advice.
- advise on the various taxes that may be levied on French assets (e.g. property) - income tax, wealth tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax and assist with the various declarations required
- advise on the new tax regime applicable to trusts and reporting obligations since 31 July 2011 (The 2011 French supplementary budget of 29 July 2011 (LFR 2011) subjects trusts and estates to French tax. New reporting obligations are created on trustees and personal representatives effective in 2012)
- use an Anglo French approach with unique tailor-made solution for your specific circumstances with an extensive network of French contacts.
- All members of the team from our lawyers to our administrative assistants and support staff are bilingual. Our team of dual qualified lawyers has firsthand knowledge of the interaction of the French and English/UK legal and tax systems. We have huge experience in the field of the various taxes and duties in connection to French property ownership and how it affects foreign domiciled individuals.
- We belong to the relevant professional associations including the Franco-British Lawyers Society, the French Chamber of Commerce and STEP England & Wales and STEP France (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners).
- Our French law and tax team is led by Patrick Delas, an experienced bilingual Avocat au Barreau de Paris and Solicitor qualified in both French and English law
Patrick works closely with:
- Richard Frimston, partner and head of the private client group
- Christopher Salomons, solicitor in the private client group
Dawn Alderson is a member of STEP (the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners). STEP is the leading worldwide body for practitioners in the fields of trusts, estates and related issueswww.step.org
Avocat au Barreau de Bordeaux
Dawn Alderson dual-qualified solicitor in England & Wales and Avocat au Barreau de Bordeaux (French practising avocat).www.barreau-bordeaux.avocat.fr
Avocat au Barreau de Paris
Patrick Delas dual-qualified solicitor in England & Wales and Avocat au Barreau de Paris (French practising avocat).www.avocatparis.org
Véronique Cardon is a Diplômée Notaire.www.notaires.fr
Private Client Practitioner Top 25 Law Firms
eprivateclient is the leading website and news service for private client practitioners, including lawyers, accountants, trustees and fee-based IFAs. It is the only place to see the results of the Private Client Practitioner Top 25 Law Firms, Top 25 Accountancy Firms, Top 25 Trust Companies, Top 25 IFA Companies, Top 35 Under 35 and 50 Most Influential.eprivateclient.com
For more than 50 years the CRIDON LYON has been the expert legal advisor for notaires and their collaborators. Created in 1962, the CRIDON LYON is a 'Groupement d’Interet Economique' (GIE) [group of economic interest] whose members are the 28 departmental (provincial) chambers of notaires located around the Rhin-Rhone-Mediterranean area and representing more than 3,000 notaires. A board of three administrators and a counsel of 12 members, all notaires elected by the general meeting ensure the CRIDON LYON governance. The GIE executive management ensures the operational function of the company. Its 76 collaborators undertake daily legal consulting services in all main areas of law (domestic and international), training, documentation input in paper or digital format.www.cridon-lyon.fr
We work on hourly rates which reflect the skill and experience of our French qualified lawyers (who in most cases are also English solicitors), and other bilingual members of the team.
At the outset we will let you have an estimate or budget of the likely costs based on the information available to us at the time and will update these if your requirements or the circumstances of the case change.
We will work with you and your other professional advisers to find a solution which is effective across boundaries and taking into account not only the level of risk which you are prepared to accept but also the relative financial importance of the matter to you.
French Property Law
The French team has launched its own dedicated French property website which provides a comprehensive resource for people looking to buy a property or with property interests in FranceClick here for further information