Russell-Cooke has published its first ever Responsible Business Report, which provides a comprehensive summary of the firm’s current performance and ongoing commitments across a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria.
The information contained in the report is divided into four categories – Environment, Justice, People, and Community – and sets out the firm’s action plan for managing and taking demonstrable steps forward on key issues in each area. This includes:
- a detailed review of the firm’s current environmental footprint including two carbon assessments in line with internationally recognised methodologies.
- an ongoing commitment to maintain the firm’s carbon neutrality status, which it has held since 2019 through a partnership with Carbon Footprint Ltd alongside other longstanding initiatives including on-site solar power generation. This includes a commitment to reduce the firm’s direct emissions in line with the Paris Agreement targets.
- key indicators and progress report on the firm’s diversity and inclusion performance, as well as health and wellbeing.
- spotlight on the firm’s current engagement with its local communities, including the commitments made by team members to charitable enterprises.
- an in depth review of a selection of the firm’s social justice and public funded work undertaken in the last year, including with respect to the Grenfell Tower fire.
Joint Managing Partner, Alison Regan commented: “This report is an important milestone for our firm. Responsibility is deep in our DNA as a business, how we work, and indeed the work we choose to take on.
“We are first and foremost lawyers and our commitment to the rule of law and access to justice regardless of wealth or background underpins everything we do. But our commitments go further, too, and we are acutely aware of the impact our business has, and indeed ought to have, on our people, our clients, our communities and the planet more widely.
“We have published this report because we feel it is the right thing to do to be transparent about where we are now, what we have achieved and, even more importantly, where we need to be doing better. Our stakeholders expect it, and we expect it of ourselves. I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this report and the many initiatives that it reflects – and I look forward to working with my colleagues across the firm and beyond as we take the next step forwards on this important journey together”
Russell-Cooke’s Responsible Business Report is available to view here.
Get in touch
For advice on who to talk to, call on +44 (0)20 3826 7550 or complete our enquiry form.