Peter guides clients through regulatory and disciplinary matters, and advises professional sports organisations on a wide range of matters, including regulatory changes.
Peter specialises in advising clients on matters relating to professional and financial regulation and discipline, as well as regulatory and disciplinary law in sports-related matters.
He was made a partner of the firm in 1978 and became a consultant in 2018.
Peter’s expertise includes:
- As a consultant in the regulation team, Peter advises companies and their individual directors in matters relating to regulatory and criminal law issues, from corruption to potential money laundering offences
- Regularly acting as an advocate in disciplinary and regulatory proceedings before disciplinary tribunals, appeal tribunals and in the High Court. Peter’s expertise is reflected by his appointment as a decision maker for many regulatory bodies
- A wealth of experience as a solicitor advocate in all courts, with a thorough knowledge of the law of evidence in adversarial proceedings
- Acting as a legal adviser to sports bodies and advised on rule changes
- Providing advice and assistance to various professional sports organisations as to their intellectual property rights and the protection of those rights. This also includes advice given to broadcasters such as British Sky Broadcasting Limited
- Making regular appearances as an advocate in proceedings of a regulatory and disciplinary nature; and representing sports organisations, clubs and individuals in disciplinary and regulatory matters in addition to providing general advice
Peter Cadman is really outstanding in terms of his experience and ability to act in a range of disputes.
Past and present includes:
- Chair of the Professional Standards and Ethics Committee of the Law Society
- Chair of Police Misconduct Hearings for Avon and Somerset, Gloucester and Wiltshire police
- Chair of Interim Order and Fitness to Practice Committees of the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Chair of the Investigation Committee of the IFA
- Chair of Misconduct hearings for the Taxation Disciplinary Board
- Member of Appointments Committee of the Taxation Disciplinary Board
- Member of Appointments Panel of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants
- Chair of the Greyhound Regulatory Board
- Law Society Representative on the Users Group of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
- Board member of the Great Britain Greyhound Board
- Chair of the Appeal Panel of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Member of the Regulatory Board of ACCA
- Chair of the Investigations Committee of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants
Peter Cadman provides good judgement, is an excellent advocate and fights hard for his clients.
- Member of the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL) with full rights of audience in all Courts, both criminal and civil
- Member of the Investigation Committee of the Taxation Disciplinary Board
- Member of the Executive Committee Professional Standards Council of the Assets Based Financial Authority (ABFA)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants Appeal Committee (CIMA)
- Member of the Law Society Rules and Ethics Committee
- Member of the Regulatory Board of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants
- Member of the UKAS Committee of the Greyhound Board of Great Britain (GBGB)
- Member of the British Fencing Safety Committee (voluntary)
Peter is the first port of call for a number of Premier League club owners. Astute, tough and uncompromising. No one is as good at handling the media as he is.
Russell-Cooke boosts recognition in Best Lawyers in the UK 2023
Russell-Cooke consultant Peter Cadman is appointed Chair of CIMA Review Panel
Law Society Chair appointment for Russell-Cooke consultant Peter Cadman