Alison Sadler is an associate in the charity and social business team.
Alison works with clients to establish charities and not-for-profits. She provides legal and practical advice on:
- establishment of not-for-profit entities
- reviewing and amending constitutions
- governance advice
- mergers and acquisitions
- agreements with external entities
- charitable fundraising
She has been advising third sector organisations for a number of years, having previously worked in the charities and not-for-profits department of another top charity firm in Australia before joining Russell-Cooke.
Alison was admitted as a solicitor in 2018 and joined Russell-Cooke in 2022.
- Advising clients in relation to not-for-profit specific matters including governance, fundraising registration and compliance matters, establishing not-for-profits or charitable entities and charity commission compliance
- Acting for two related parties that manage cemeteries in the restructure of their organisations due to new legislation
- Assisting a registered group training organisation with the charity commissioner’s investigation due to its alleged misuse of charitable funds
- Advising a US-based charity on acquiring its Australian affiliated entity
- Acting for an Australasian health informatics charity in relation to their acquisition of another Australian health informatics charity
Alison sits on the Board and Governance and Nominations Sub-Committee of the Good Samaritan Foundation
- Bachelor of Justice, Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Queensland University of Technology
- Admitted as a solicitor in 2018