For advice on who to talk to, call
We advise and represent both senior and junior employees in relation to all employment issues, including those involving:
- minority shareholder rights
- commission or bonus entitlements
- shares and share options
- restrictive covenants, including in connection with team moves
- duties owed (including confidentiality, fidelity and fiduciary duties)
- redundancy and TUPE
- flexible working and fixed term working
- maternity, paternity and dependant care entitlements
- equal pay
- data protection and workplace monitoring
- permanent health insurance
We have a broad client base and act for many senior executives within the banking, financial services and insurance industries, as well as editors, solicitors, football managers, academics amongst others.
- We are one of a relatively small number of employment law teams that is highly recommended in The Legal 500 (2022). Our team is "knowledgeable, responsive and has ensured completion of all activities in a timely manner."
- We are a six-strong team of specialist employment lawyers with a wide range of experience. We also work closely with our colleagues in other departments of the firm to provide practical and comprehensive advice which is focused on the individual needs and circumstances of our client.
- Cases we have dealt with have included a case involving two employees who were sued for the return of seven figure bonuses until the case against them collapsed, and another involving an employee who lost her permanent health insurance when her employment was terminated and eventually received compensation of several thousand pounds.
- We understand that bringing a claim against an employer is stressful and provide appropriate support to employees through what can be a difficult process.
- The legal costs of many of our clients are covered by legal expense insurance, which is often included with household and motor insurance policies.
International Bar Association
The International Bar Association (IBA), established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies.www.ibanet.org
Employment Lawyers Association
A national membership association of over 5,000 lawyers who specialise in employment law.www.elaweb.org.uk
European Employment Lawyers Association
EELA is an association which works to bring together practising employment lawyers across the European Union through conferences and to strengthen links between EU employment lawyers.www.eela.org
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change. The current range of hourly rates for members of the team is from £185 plus VAT to £420 plus VAT per hour.
Find out more about our pricing, including our range of hourly rates and an example fee estimate. We would be pleased to tailor a costs proposal accordingly.
Many of the claims we handle are funded by alternative means such as legal expenses insurance or so-called 'no win, no fee' arrangements. Find out more about these and other options for bringing a claim.
Directgov aims to provide easy access to government information and services. It does this by working closely with ministerial departments and non-departmental public bodies to collate key information all in one place.www.direct.gov.uk
Business Link was developed in partnership with subject experts within government and relevant business-support organisations to help companies comply with regulations and improve performance.
In October 2012, a new ‘centralised’ Government website replaced both Businesslink.gov.uk and Directgov.uk (www.gov.uk)www.businesslink.gov.uk