For advice on who to talk to, call
We represent people whose employment relationships are coming to an end.
Our clients are from all walks of life, including very senior executives with complex entitlements or seven-figure disputes, as well as vulnerable employees and people on average or below-average incomes. If you have been offered a settlement agreement (previously known as a compromise agreement), we can advise on:
- the right level of compensation
- the terms of the agreement
- whether to consider litigation
- We are one of a relatively small number of employment law teams that is highly recommended in The Legal 500 (the independent legal research directory), which notes that we are a team of "tenacious and committed litigators, which delivers appropriate and measured advice that gives clients confidence in its ability".
- We are a six-strong team of specialist employment lawyers with experience over the whole field of employment law
- Our service is practical and cost-effective
- We have handled a considerable number of high-profile employment cases with media interest
- We have dealt with negotiations involving the departure of numerous industry leaders, prominent rugby coaches, a football manager, a priest, the managing director of a parliamentary organisation, the vice chancellor of a university and many teachers and NHS employees.
- We will protect your interests and give you the best chance of securing appropriate compensation.
- We will give you both an accurate legal assessment of your settlement agreement and a sound commercial judgement based on experience. We will not simply 'rubber stamp' your agreement and any fees incurred will be proportionate to the benefit which might be obtained as a result.
- Sometimes employees have to take their matter to the courts or tribunals to secure what they deserve. Our experience enables us to represent clients throughout the whole process, from first negotiations to trial.
International Bar Association
The International Bar Association (IBA), established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies.www.ibanet.org
Employment Lawyers Association
A national membership association of over 5,000 lawyers who specialise in employment law.www.elaweb.org.uk
European Employment Lawyers Association
EELA is an association which works to bring together practising employment lawyers across the European Union through conferences and to strengthen links between EU employment lawyers.www.eela.org
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change. The current range of hourly rates for members of the team is from £185 plus VAT to £420 plus VAT per hour.
Find out more about our pricing, including our range of hourly rates and an example fee estimate. We would be pleased to tailor a costs proposal accordingly.
Many of the claims we handle are funded by alternative means such as legal expenses insurance or so-called 'no win, no fee' arrangements. Find out more about these and other options for bringing a claim.
Directgov aims to provide easy access to government information and services. It does this by working closely with ministerial departments and non-departmental public bodies to collate key information all in one place.www.direct.gov.uk
Business Link was developed in partnership with subject experts within government and relevant business-support organisations to help companies comply with regulations and improve performance.
In October 2012, a new ‘centralised’ Government website replaced both Businesslink.gov.uk and Directgov.uk (www.gov.uk)www.businesslink.gov.uk