My neighbour is smoking weed. What can I do?—The Sunday Times

Ed Cracknell, Partner in the Russell-Cooke Solicitors, property litigation team.
Ed Cracknell
1 min Read

A flat owner wrote to The Times to express concern for her long-term tenants who have been enduring strong cooking and cannabis smells from the flat below. She is worried they may get frustrated to the point of leaving.

She asks if she has any legal recourse to make the neighbours install proper ventilation to solve the problem.

Russell-Cooke partner Ed Cracknell answers in The Sunday Times' Home Help section and explains that the solution may not be as straightforward as it seems.

My neighbour is smoking weed. What can I do? is available to read on The Times' website via subscription.

Ed is a partner in the property and property litigation team.

He specialises in all aspects of property litigation and property dispute resolution. His areas of expertise include landlord and tenant disputes, business lease renewals, rent and service charge recovery, possession proceedings, and dilapidations claims.

Get in touch

If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our property litigation solicitors by email, by telephone on +44 (0)20 3826 7525 or complete our enquiry form below.

In the press Real Estate Russell-Cooke The Times Ed Cracknell The Sunday Times nuisance dispute resolution lease weed cannabis