We advise property owners, landlords and tenants on a wide range of real estate disputes, including:
- disputes about ownership of, and interests in, property
- disputes about the acquisition of property
- disputes about contracts, leases and mortgages (including construction or interpretation)
- professional negligence
- insolvency and property
- joint venture disputes
- landlord and tenant
- repossession of property, including eviction of squatters
- recovery of rent and service charges
- business tenancy disputes
- dilapidations and disrepair claims
- rent reviews
- rights of way and rights of light
- party wall and boundary disputes
Our clients include real estate investment companies, institutions, developers and retailers. We also have expertise in acting for not-for-profit bodies.
Our highly-regarded specialist team deals exclusively with real estate disputes. Chambers UK (2018) notes "this is a terrific firm combining high standards with a very personal approach", with emphasis on "terrific strategising" and "truly excellent client service".
The team is headed by Jason Hunter, one of the UK's leading real estate litigation lawyers and the author of published works in the field.
Many of the property litigation solicitors in the team are members of the Property Litigation Association.