Catherine prides herself on giving pragmatic advice and taking a client-centric approach.
Catherine advises employers on HR issues and all aspects of employment law including:
- employment rights
- discrimination, victimisation and whistleblowing
- termination of employment and settlement agreements
- redundancies and restructures
- holiday pay
- employment policies and employment contracts
- employment status
- HR processes, including disciplinaries and grievances
Catherine assists employers in resolving disputes before they become litigious and also advises on defending employment tribunal claims, dealing with ACAS early conciliation and settlement of claims.
Catherine has particular expertise in safeguarding, particularly in respect of young people and vulnerable adults, and so she is uniquely placed to assist organisations through this particular lens. Catherine works closely with employers on the effects of current societal and cultural issues in the workplace.
Catherine also advises on a range of data protection issues.
Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
Member of the Charity Law Association