For more than 25 years I have represented injured clients in respect of all types of personal injury and medical negligence cases from those valued at £10,000 to catastrophic injury claims valued at more than £5 million. I have also represented more than 150 bereaved families as their advocate at inquests all across the country.
Dominic advises on both clinical negligence and personal injury claims.
His expertise includes cases involving fatal accidents, obstetric claims and neurological injury. He also has extensive experience representing bereaved families as their advocate at inquests in cases including deaths in hospital and in the workplace, murder and suicide.
Dominic also lectured externally to clinicians and hospital managers.
He has a wide scope in terms of the work that he does.
acted for the family of Brian Gilberthorpe who died following basic failings in medical care
advised the family of Mrs Audrey Summers in relation to a negligence case against Epsom General Hospital
Road traffic accidents:
- along with associate Amy Anderson he achieved an out-of-court settlement in the region of £110,000 for a motorcyclist
Delay in diagnosis:
- represented PM, who received £850,000 in compensation for a delay in diagnosing a cancerous rectal polyp
Hit by a car:
- acted for a 62 year old man who received almost £1 million after being hit by a car whilst changing his tyre
Failings in care:
- recently represented the family of Mr Budd at the inquest into his death at Royal Brompton Hospital. The inquest concluded that there were failings in the care provided to Mr Budd, particularly in respect of note keeping and communication between specialties at the hospital
Negligence during surgery:
- acting on behalf of a client who developed peritonitis, sepsis and multi-organ failure following an operation to remove part of his colon (due to colon cancer). He was left with a permanent colostomy and an unsightly incisional hernia. It was alleged that the leak and the consequent complications were caused by negligence during the surgery. This was admitted by the defendant trust and a settlement was reached in the sum of £290,000
Member of Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
Member of INQUEST Lawyers Group
Clinical negligence panel member for Action Against Medical Accidents (AVMA)
Clinical negligence panel member of the Law Society
Russell-Cooke team represents the families of the deceased at Shoreham Air Crash Inquest
Dealing with inquests in the Coroner's Court: a guide
Success against Barts Health NHS Trust in tragic fatal claim centred on consent